When contracting to Downer EDI to construct a new Kerb, Kerb ramp and Footpath in Pennant Hills, one of the main concerns is site safety.
A project of this magnitude and in this location required us to Establish a safe worksite and cordon off an area that we could work on whilst keeping our workers away from traffic. The schedue of work carried out is outlined below:
- Site Establishment
- Removal and installation of new kerb ramp
- Excavate and dispose off SF kerb
- Supply and install 600m of Elsholz concrete kerb and DSSF kerb*:
- Excavate and reinstate pavement 150mm, 250mm and 400mm.
- Clean up and disestablishment
- Saw cutting
- Excavation and disposal of existing kerb and spoil
- Supply and install steel reinforcement (SL82 mesh, 16mm Gal. Dowerl, N12 Long. Bar).
- Form and pour 40MPa 2% calcium concrete.
The project term of 6 weeks was adhered to and all works were completed on time.